Rat Lovers Are Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rat Lovers Are Us

A forum where Rat lovers can get together without fear of draconian reactions. :D

You are not connected. Please login or register

my lil rat family

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1my lil rat family Empty my lil rat family Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:19 am

starry_uk

Junior Rat
Junior Rat

my lil rat family DSC00256i got Luna and star for my birthday in march this year. decided a couple of weeks later to get 2 males

my lil rat family DSC00305 the 2 males i got. the champayne hooded is Cosmo and the Black berkshire is Storm..notice the difference in size.

my lil rat family GEDC1067thought the girls could do with some more female company so got Angel..i think shes a roan or something not too sure..obviously shes dumbo eared..the quiet of the girls..but also naughty!

then one day while i was cleaning out the "males" cage i found 2 babies! hidden in the tunnel with storm..realising storm was female..took her and the 2 babies out. the little boy who i named shadowed died at around 6 days old.. the girl who i named ebony died at 16 days old..heres one of the last pics i had of her
my lil rat family Ebony14daysold25thmay2

any way after the babies died i noticed storms belly getting big
my lil rat family DSC00384

a few days later out popped 12 babies!
my lil rat family GEDC1072

my lil rat family GEDC1076

my lil rat family GEDC1160 18th june

my lil rat family GEDC116518th june

my lil rat family GEDC1175 also 18th june

after the male baby died(before i realised storm was pregnant again) i decided i couldnt leave cosmo on his own so i got him 2 new cage mates. the all champagne colour is Orbit and the lighter champagne hooded is Comet
my lil rat family DSC00365

my lil rat family DSC00393

2my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:20 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

I'm loving the cute little black hoodies! How many do you have , are you keeping them?

http://stumpyone.blogspot.com/

3my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Podling

Podling
Admin
Admin

Quite a ratty adventure you've been on then! Your babies are adorable <3

http://www.ipodling.co.uk

4my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:00 am

starry_uk

Junior Rat
Junior Rat

there are 7 black hooded..3 hooded boys and 4 hooded girls. 3 all black boys and 2 all black girls. i'm keeping 3 hooded girls and the last all black girl Very Happy . quite an adventure..especially for poor storm Sad ..looking at the pics of when i first got her i would say she was only 5 weeks old when i got her..she was meant to be 8 weeks but was too small..and even my vet said how she was too small for 8 weeks old! stupid pet shop!! Evil or Very Mad ..unfortunately i had to rehome star Crying or Very sad ..she kept attacking all the other female rats...pulling clumps of fur off them..poor angel never left the igloo let alone wondered out of the cage. i did ask for advice on FR but no1 replied..so i found her a home..and shes settled in well and the person sends me emails and pics Very Happy ..maybe she just prefered older rats...she even got to the stage were she'd attack her own sister luna..poor luna would hardly stay in the cage with her. but i knew if i wrote that on the other forum people would certainly have something to say about it.but i feel it was the right thing to do for my rats

5my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:04 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

It could be the case - i rehomed 2 of mine to someone who had to keep my babies as a duo until her girlies were older as poppy didn't like baby rats. She even used to get annoyed with her own.

6my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:32 am

starry_uk

Junior Rat
Junior Rat

in stars new home shes the youngst of the group. but when i had her she was the oldest with her sister. but since stars been gone angel has come alive! i used to think she was sweet and innocent..i was so wrong..angel likes pulling wallpaper off my wall Rolling Eyes ..she obviously doesnt like the colour lol!

7my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:28 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

Always a critic in the group eh? Laughing

8my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:38 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

AWWWW they are all soooo cute!

9my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 am

starry_uk

Junior Rat
Junior Rat

angel pulls the wallpaper off..i call her and she looks around as if to say it wasnt me..and does her cute face..so i melt Rolling Eyes ..shes so cheeky Wink ..the babies got their new freddy cage..OMG babies going mental! i expected a baby to fall...storm proved me wrong lol Rolling Eyes ..she let go of the bars and fell into the hammock Shocked ..storm is back to her normal self lol!
been thinking of names for the 4 girls im going to keep. i have opal, ruby, sapphire and scarlet...but not 100% sure yet..any ideas for names?

10my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

my rats pull my cards off the door, they seem to like destroying anything near by XD

11my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:35 pm

starry_uk

Junior Rat
Junior Rat

i always thought boys were meant to be calmer than girls.. whoever believes that can have my 3 boys for the day lol. theyd soon change their mind Rolling Eyes ..or am i the only one with very mischievous boys Embarassed

12my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:10 pm

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

They do calm down, as babies they're all mental, but wait, they haven't discovered hammocks yet! Laughing

13my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 pm

starry_uk

Junior Rat
Junior Rat

so ill keep my fingers crossed about my boys then lol. my oldest is 5 months and the other 2 are 14 weeks old...wouldnt be without them tho Very Happy ..cheeky monkeys Rolling Eyes

14my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:06 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

all babies are terrors you will be amazed how fast they can run its mental, like blink and you miss them and boys are just as nutty as girls.

15my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:16 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

Yeah wait till they get big though - my boys have the easiest intros you know why? Cause they sniff each other then get backl to the serious business of snuggles. Smile

16my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:22 pm

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

a_wee_one wrote:Yeah wait till they get big though - my boys have the easiest intros you know why? Cause they sniff each other then get backl to the serious business of snuggles. Smile

woo nothing better than a good snuggle

17my lil rat family Empty Re: my lil rat family Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:24 am

starry_uk

Junior Rat
Junior Rat

boys seem really placid..where as girls can be a bit bossy..lol. my boys are getting a new friend this week Very Happy ..a 8 week old dumbo agouti i think its called..cant wait..my lil bro has named him stewie off family guy Rolling Eyes Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum