Rat Lovers Are Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rat Lovers Are Us

A forum where Rat lovers can get together without fear of draconian reactions. :D

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lost this month

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lost this month Empty Lost this month Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:07 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

Everyone knows I lost my little Templar but yesterday I lost Sebastian thanks to Mycoplasmosis, this cut deep as Sebastian was one of my first rats after a near 6 year break.

Sebastian
Lost this month P11-05-11_1926
Templar
Lost this month Photo3

I have fitted air filters to the room a heater cooler keeps the temperture constant, I clean them out regular and there is no dusty bedding even the vet doesn't understand.
I am not sure how many more I can take losing like this, they are going to young, luckily someone wants to take some fo the boys, the less I have the less it will hurt.

2Lost this month Empty Re: Lost this month Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:21 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

Some rats are more prone to it, i think a lot goes down to how they were kept from birth. If Sebastian was a pet shop boy, they were likely kept on shavings. I'm having this with my pet shop girls. All 4 that i bought have persistant resp issues. Pinky was recently PTS because of it. And i'm still battling it with Brain, Bill and Ted.

Rest of y lot are fine so i know it's nothing i've done and also, as with people, some are just prone to particular illness. Sorry for your losses. Crying or Very sad

http://stumpyone.blogspot.com/

3Lost this month Empty Re: Lost this month Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:49 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

its the frustration of not being bale to do anything hell with all the air purifiers, no chemicals, all vitamins they should be down right herculean!

4Lost this month Empty Re: Lost this month Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:13 pm

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

Sometimes it's simply down to genetics. It's obviously nothing you're doing wrong.

5Lost this month Empty Re: Lost this month Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:15 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

thanks for saying that cause I worry alot got a gold medal in it actually

6Lost this month Empty Re: Lost this month Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:43 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

Put it this way, i have 19 rats, 3 of these were from the same litter at the pet shop and ALL of them have the same illness to a lesser or worser degree. My surprise litter and the babies from the so called 'Back yard breeder' are perfectly healthy! It just depends on their genetics. My pet shops have a poor background i think cause i've had them from a very early age (6 weeks) and they've been on the right bedding all the time with me and even at the pet shop - they keep them on carefresh. Its obviously nothing to do with anything i'm doing or the pet shop were doing. It's down to mum and dad not being from the best gene pool.

7Lost this month Empty Re: Lost this month Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:13 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

I really think pet shop rodents are aweful, they clearly are bad genetics and poorly cared for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum