Rat Lovers Are Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rat Lovers Are Us

A forum where Rat lovers can get together without fear of draconian reactions. :D

You are not connected. Please login or register

anti social rats

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1anti social rats Empty anti social rats Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:22 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

Anna and Ceil two rats with a history, Anna and Ceil are two females rats who just will not get along, Anna bit Ceil once leading to that infection that made her sick, as a result I think Ceil has it in for her.
Sebastian is all accepting and loving but not Ceil, Anna did not start any of the fights yet Ceil is fine with Sebastian and Sophie
I have 12 babies 6 boys six girls I was hoping all the girls adults and babies will live together and all the boys together with daddy cookie, but it is seriously looking not to be, and poor cookie who even neutered just cant seem to be accepted by the girls, I have been introducing the girls for months now on neutral ground and cookie near a month to, could I just have anti social rats?
They come running to see me tho.

2anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:38 pm

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

I think you had a message off someone called purple vixen off fancy rats? She's very experienced with difficult rats, give her a message, she would be more than willing to pop round and give you her opinion?help you intro them probably.

http://stumpyone.blogspot.com/

3anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:26 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

mmm well I well wait and see I got a few tips of people will try those first.

4anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:27 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

She's really friendly. Smile

5anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:24 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

right split the liberta today Anna has all the babies with her, Sophie Sebastian and Ceil are all together

Cookie is still alone but contacted another person who has 3 ratties all male who need homes and they come with a mahusive rat cage, also put all the baby boys now in the bottom of the liberta so so far everyones happy.

6anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:41 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

sigh what a day
the babies seem to be capable of getting through the tinest hole, they got into the wired off section for Sophie, Ceil and Sebastian, all hell broke lose, got in there as they tried to kill one of the babies my hand is bitten all to hell, immediately put the adults in the cat carrier, checked out the baby who had no marks on her wish I could say the same for my hand.

Sebastian, Ceil seemed guinealy sorry afterwards licking and nuzzling my cheek as I had a bit of a cry, Sophie just sort of sulked in the corner, had to put them in the zoozone till I can get another cage sorted as my second Liberta which is my other peice of joyous news is out of stock and they dont know when they will get more, they gave me a refund but that was not the point they were selling them for peanuts.

Also think me being very ill at the moment isn't helping, whole family is worried to the point my mother even took me to the beach {my mother who has bairly anything to do with me who gave me to my grandparents as a child mother.} so that was a pretty epic event, it was fun to her latest boyfriend and her helped me find fossils and stuff.

They are taking me out tomorrow to pets at home, gonna look at some substrate there and then maybe a cage for these three naughty ratties, they are fine just the three and want no more it seems.

7anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:55 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

The liberta has bar spacing of 1.5 cm from what i can find, you might just be better keeping momma and the babies in the zoozomes just till they're bigger. Failing that as i've said give Purple Vixen from FR a message she might be able to advise you as i know she is very experienced with difficult rats.

8anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:33 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

He comes in a box and he shall be named Houdini today someone dumped a rat outside my home, a small top eared male, very thin with a note simply saying they couldn't keep him any more due to allergies, fair enough I guess he shouldn't be on his own anyway, so I treated him for lice fleas ect with a spray, looked for any discharge, checked unders for any staining ect, cookie mean while watching me like a hawk, so after giving my newbie a bit of malt paste I let them sniff and then cookie licked him through the bars, so after a play on my bed where they seemed to instantly gel I put them in a cage beside my bed.
So far Cookie has groomed him, walked him to water bottles and food, it is so nice, I am going to put a notice in my window with a photo of them both incase the dumpers walk by.

But this is not the first time we have had kittens this month and a dog dumped we must be getting a reputation for rehoming XD

anyway he is going to the vets in a hour to get a full check over and then we should be okay.

As for Ceil Sebastian, Sophie they moved into a new cage a second hand jenny cage off ebay the babies and momma are in the liberta which I wired all up with chicken wire and Ratty bliss is found!!!!

9anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:01 am

pinkfearie

pinkfearie
Admin
Admin

Poor Houdinin being unwanted. Glad hes been left with you at least. He will be safe and looked after. Keep us posted.

https://rlru.forumotion.co.uk

10anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:09 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

Not to mention - PICTURES!! Glad cookie has a friend!!

11anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:11 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

Pinkfearie wrote:Poor Houdinin being unwanted. Glad hes been left with you at least. He will be safe and looked after. Keep us posted.
a_wee_one wrote:Not to mention - PICTURES!! Glad cookie has a friend!!

well Houdini went to the vets who said for a boy he was a bit under weight but meh I can fix that, given a clean bill of health he moved in with cookie who LOVES him, all they have done is groom each other to the point I wondered if I should leave the room to give them privacy.
They have not fought at all which is down right weird and this is awesome as it means cookie has company!
Seems almost to good to be true, just need to fix my camera phone and get some pictures up, yep my mobile phone died today, no doubt under the heavy burden of piccy taking with the babies XD
Sadly this means I have to get another shame cause they dont make 8mp camera phones any more.
Sebastian's allergic to finacard now it seems, I have to keep the dust to a minimum so I have just put news paper down, everyone is finally settled in their cages and fights are no more.
Finally I get some peace, put a notice up in the window stating "the owners of dumped rat, I am happy to say your little one is cared for here, he has a friend to play with and a cage to roam in, he will feed on the best and snuggle in the softest."
hopefully that will put them at ease if they ever venture by, this was my grans idea as she said the dumper must have been a local who has either seen me walking home with the cat carrier which I have written in big letters on "RAT LIMO" or has heard from a neighbourhood gossip about my critters, either way me and cookie are happy and poor Houdini is getting some loves and plenty of food, even did them some chicken and rice for tea to welcome him in.

Last edited by ratrulesok on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

12anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:32 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

WOOT gran let me borrow her phone to take piccies....

anti social rats P25-06-11_2124
anti social rats P25-06-11_2123

13anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:19 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

here we go as thick as theives the pair of them sooo in love please not males in a VERY pink cage I am so not helping.
anti social rats P26-06-11_2208

14anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:35 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

I'm loving the picture update! Fab news that he now has a friend! sunny

15anti social rats Empty Re: anti social rats Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:19 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

they slept snuggled up together today it was sooooo cute.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]