Rat Lovers Are Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rat Lovers Are Us

A forum where Rat lovers can get together without fear of draconian reactions. :D

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Journey of my Rat Family

+2
pinkfearie
ratman
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Journey of my Rat Family Empty The Journey of my Rat Family Mon May 30, 2011 6:58 am

ratman

Junior Rat
Junior Rat

Well I decided I would christen this part of the forum with a post about my journey with my rats and the heart ache I have had and the constant joy that these little squishes bring into my life.

My journey began in September 2010 when I moved in with my boyfriend and decided I wanted to get a pet that we could love together. I had always wanted a rat but my father refused because he didn't like them.

I went to Pets at Home, the evil place I know..and excitedly chose the first two cute little faces that came to greet me. a Brown Berkshire that I named Munch & a Brown Hooded ratty who was named Abe. (for Abe & Munch from the PS1 game Odd-world: Abes Odyssey)

Munch
The Journey of my Rat Family IMG196

Abe
The Journey of my Rat Family 30243_396824806156_690341156_4753885_7091223_n

about 4-5 months down the line I had the most terrible thing happen to me. Abe passed. We think its because he had nibbled a pencil but to this day we have no idea what happened. This was the most heart breaking this that had ever happened to me, I had no idea how to deal with it and I slid into a depression that lasted nearly a month, it doesn't sound like long I know but I pulled myself out of it when I realised that it was effecting Munch and the time had come to get a friend for Munch. after a weeks time of trying to persuade my Partner I found myself back at Pets at Home looking at eager faces, when I had the epiphany to adopt from their adoption centre.

Here I found 2 GORGEOUS little boys a Albino & Husky pair. I fell in love with the Albino boy who rode on my shoulder all round pets at home were as the husky was a little nervous and skitty. We named the Pinky (the albino) & Brain (the husky).

Pinky (left) & Brain (right)
The Journey of my Rat Family IMG383

By now it was November 2010. And the new boys had settled down and we were a nice happy family little did i know that something amazing but also terribly tragic was going to happen at the same time. Their was a sign posted in the lobby of our building (i live in a multi story building) that some one was offering 3 boy rattys up for adoption complete with cage

I quite excitedly phoned the number and asked about the rattys I was devastated at what I saw, these 3 rattys were a few months old tiny little babies and their cage was filthy no tubes, hammocks or anything just a huge wooden box that took up nearly all the cage.

These were the 3 babys we adopted in their cage
The Journey of my Rat Family IMG656

they were all hooded rattys two brown & one Grey. all 3 of them unfortunately passed with in a few weeks of having them because of the apauling conditions in which i received them this very nearly put me off owning rats all together but my partner helped me pull through and we have 3 very happy rattys living in the lap of luxury who are very happy and hopefully next week i will be adopted 2 boys from a lovely lady in Crowle to add to my family.

The Happy Boys
The Journey of my Rat Family DSCN4419

2The Journey of my Rat Family Empty Re: The Journey of my Rat Family Mon May 30, 2011 7:51 am

pinkfearie

pinkfearie
Admin
Admin

Thats wonderful Smile
So cute

https://rlru.forumotion.co.uk

3The Journey of my Rat Family Empty Re: The Journey of my Rat Family Mon May 30, 2011 8:27 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

Aww what a lovely trio of boys. A bittersweet introduction to rats but you gave the 3 littluns a good home for the few months they were with you. Very Happy

http://stumpyone.blogspot.com/

4The Journey of my Rat Family Empty Re: The Journey of my Rat Family Tue May 31, 2011 8:28 am

VampEchi

VampEchi
Junior Rat
Junior Rat

Wonderful!
They all look very content! That last photo is ace of them sleeping... very cute! Very Happy

5The Journey of my Rat Family Empty ratties Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:27 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

wow they are all so cute and the piccy of them sleeping is adorable

6The Journey of my Rat Family Empty Re: The Journey of my Rat Family Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:34 am

pinkfearie

pinkfearie
Admin
Admin

I cant wait to see what charactors your babis turn out with Very Happy

https://rlru.forumotion.co.uk

7The Journey of my Rat Family Empty Re: The Journey of my Rat Family Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:36 pm

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

I cant wait to see either it will be interesting to see what they are like love hearing ratty stories.

8The Journey of my Rat Family Empty Re: The Journey of my Rat Family Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:21 am

starry_uk

Junior Rat
Junior Rat

aww what lovely boys

9The Journey of my Rat Family Empty Re: The Journey of my Rat Family Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:07 am

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

wow they are all so goregous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum