Rat Lovers Are Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rat Lovers Are Us

A forum where Rat lovers can get together without fear of draconian reactions. :D

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lumps and bumps

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lumps and bumps Empty Lumps and bumps Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:39 am

niceratz

niceratz
Junior Rat
Junior Rat

Looks like Im christening this section, Ive found a couple of lumps on Monty today, he has one on his stomach that looks a lot like an abcess but Ive also found one that looks a bit more worrying, its about the size of a pea and is pretty firm to touch. Im going to give him a week to see if its also an abcess and hopefully it will burst. Has anyones rats had anything similar? Just to add, Ive had to split my boys into two groups this week as there has been a bit of squabbling and the younger boys were getting a bit rough with the older ones so it could easily be caused by an injury.

2Lumps and bumps Empty Re: Lumps and bumps Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:04 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

I think you can draw out abcesses with warm towels? I seem to remember reading that soemwhere but mine have fortunately been lump and bump free.

Maybe try that for a couple of days see if it helps?

http://stumpyone.blogspot.com/

3Lumps and bumps Empty Re: Lumps and bumps Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:13 am

niceratz

niceratz
Junior Rat
Junior Rat

a_wee_one wrote:I think you can draw out abcesses with warm towels? I seem to remember reading that soemwhere but mine have fortunately been lump and bump free.

Maybe try that for a couple of days see if it helps?

Thankies hun, I will give that a go. I found a lump on Itsy the other day and that is almost certainly a cancer, so if I havent had any luck with the towels before I take Itsy in Ill pop Monty along too and let the vet look at it, never stops does it Crying or Very sad Ive got 3 very hormonal boys who are heading for a date with the pom pom fairy so I think Im going to need to sell a kidney or something to pay for all the vet fees... shall I put my kidney in the sales section? Wink

4Lumps and bumps Empty Re: Lumps and bumps Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:20 am

a_wee_one

a_wee_one
Admin
Admin

Ha yep, know the feeling. I have 2 with a definitely reoccurring resp thing and my ditzy boy (left dozy after an ear infection) seems to be honking a bit too, so it's looking like a road trip to my old home town for the vets this week. None local that are rat savvy so i have to go back to scunthorpe for our vet....it evens out though cause scunthorpe vets are much cheaper than goole vets as well! bom

They're worth it though!

http://stumpyone.blogspot.com/

5Lumps and bumps Empty Re: Lumps and bumps Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:25 pm

ratrulesok

ratrulesok
Rat Overloard
Rat Overloard

awww wish I needed to buy a kidney and help you out, but yeah vet fees are a killer thats why overdrafts are handy I really hope your rats are gonna be ok.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum